The South Central AIDS Education & Training Center (SCAETC) is one of the regional offices of the AIDS Education and Training Center (AETC) Program. The AETC Program is the professional training arm of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program. One of the largest and most comprehensive professional education programs dedicated to HIV/AIDS, the AETC Program was developed by Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), U.S. Public Health Service, and the Department of Health and Human Services to provide customized, multi-disciplinary training programs for healthcare providers treating persons living with HIV/AIDS. LSU Health – New Orleans serves as one of the Local Partner Sites here in Louisiana.
The primary goal of the AETC is to improve the treatment, management, diagnosis, and counseling for individuals with HIV/AIDS by:
- Removing barriers to primary care services to ensure equitable access to care for historically under-served minority populations,
- Providing CARE-Act clients with high quality care, and
- Reducing HIV-related morbidity and mortality by enhancing the clinical skills of providers through different levels of training.
AETC Training and Education activities include, but are not limited to:
- Didactic or lecture-based presentations
- Interactive skills building workshops
- Preceptorship (clinic-based practicum)
- Clinical Consultation (provider-driven requests for clinical information)
- Technical Assistance (resolution of organizational or programmatic issues about HIV service delivery)
|Address:||South Central AIDS Education & Training Center
2020 Gravier Street, 3rd Floor
New Orleans, LA 70112
This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number U1OHA29290 for the AIDS Education and Training Centers. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.