The LSUHSC School of Public Health is a member of the Association of Schools and Programs in Public Health’s Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS), a centralized admissions system.
All applications must be processed through SOPHAS, unless otherwise noted.
All our degree programs have specific requirements and application instructions. Following are the specifics for each degree program:
- Master of Public Health, Doctor of Medicine/Master of Public Health and Master of Science requirements for application are listed specifically here.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) requirements for application are listed under each individual program offering this degree and are listed here.
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BSPH) requirements and prerequisites are listed on the here.
- All international student applicants have additional requirements.
All our degree programs have specific application instructions. Following are the specifics for each degree program:
- Application for Master of Public Health, Master of Science or Doctor of Philosophy are only available through SOPHAS. They must be processed through this system in order to be considered.
- Admission to the Doctor of Medicine/Master of Public Health program requires primary admission to the Doctor of Medicine program.
- Application to the Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BSPH) program does not require the SOPHAS application service. The BSPH application is completed online directly through the School of Public Health. To apply click here.
- All international student applicants have additional instructions.
LSUHSC School of Public Health Tuition and Fees are set by the State of Louisiana GRAD Act and approved by the Louisiana Board of Supervisors. The detailed fee schedule is available here.
Please note that all applications must be processed through SOPHAS. A detailed list of the deadlines is located here.
Applicants interested in receiving Federal government financial aid or an educational loan should contact the Student Financial Aid Office directly in advance of enrollment.
The LSUHSC School of Public Health’s scholarships and assistantships are available to MPH and MS admitted students. They are competitive and considered at the time of application by each individual program. Scholarships and assistantships are granted depending on the program’s financial availability. Notice of award of a scholarship or assistantship is given at the time of acceptance. Direction for acceptance of any award will outlined at the time of the notice.