LSU Health New Orleans School of Public Health is recruiting now for individuals who want to be a part of a growing Cancer Center in a state with some of the highest incidences, mortalities, cancer disparities, and social vulnerability in the country. We are building a team of population scientists and community health scientists, who, in partnership with clinical and basic scientists, highly engaged communities, and state leaders, are committed to making a difference in cancer outcomes. Our united goal is to successfully compete as the NCI-designated Cancer Center for the state of Louisiana in the coming years.
Current openings include:
Two open-rank faculty in community health sciences and policy with an emphasis on community engagement.
One open-rank faculty in community health sciences and policy with an emphasis on implementation science.
One open-rank faculty in environmental health with an emphasis on environmental justice and exposure.
Three open-rank epidemiology faculty, one specializing in environmental mixtures and cancer, one experienced in epigenetic (or multi-omics) studies, and one population sciences researcher proficient in mining LTR and other extensive databases and biospecimens for the benefit of cancer center researchers.
Two post-doc positions in cancer prevention and community engagement.
- Direct access to one of the leading statewide cancer registries in the country (managed by LSU)
- High engagement of legislators at local and state level
- Active LSU community outreach programs across all parishes (counties) throughout the state
- Adult and pediatric hospital partners that care for patients regardless of ability to pay
- Leadership commitment to establish population sciences core facilities
- Active Superfund projects
- Basic science and clinical researchers who are ready partners for collaborative research
- Engagement of Pennington Biomedical Research Center, the largest academic nutrition research center in the world
For more information, contact Dr. Donna Williams, Associate Director of Population Sciences and Community Outreach & Engagement, email@example.com.