Applicants would be required to meet the admission requirements for both the LSU Graduate School and the LSUHSC School of Public Health. Separate applications must be made to both the LSU Graduate School and LSUHSC SPH and the appropriate test scores provided. Application to the LSUHSC SPH is made through the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS), a centralized admissions system used by the Association of Schools and Programs in Public Health and the following instructions. A minimum of 10-15 applicants is projected each year for the dual degree.
- Acceptance by LSU School of Social Work
- Submission of the focused LSU MSW/MPH application to the LSU School of Public Health
- MPH Application for MSW/MPH Students
- Authorization to Release School of Social Work Records
- 1-page goal statement stating why you wish to pursue an MPH degree
- An application fee of $30 payable to LSU Health School of Public Health
- All pieces must be submitted to Isabel Billiot prior to April 1st for Summer matriculation or July 1st for Fall matriculation
Isabel M. Billiot, M.Ed
Coordinator of Admissions & Student Affairs
LSUHSC School of Public Health
2020 Gravier Street, Third Floor
New Orleans, LA 70112
**POST MSW GRADUATION applications are through SOPHAS and additional application fees apply. See SOPHAS website (link website). Ten hours of transfer credit may apply depending on coursework taken at LSU for the MSW.