The Louisiana Tumor Registry (LTR) collects information from the entire state on the incidence of cancer. This information includes the types of cancer (morphology, grade, and behavior), anatomic location, extent of cancer at the time of diagnosis (stage), treatment, and outcomes (survival and mortality).
LTR data serve as a foundation for Louisiana’s comprehensive cancer control program, supporting the development and evaluation of its programs. In addition, LTR data have been used for assessing the magnitude of the cancer burden in Louisiana, identifying areas and populations at high risk, helping set priorities for allocating health resources, monitoring trends in cancer incidence over time, projecting future needs of healthcare facilities, advancing clinical, epidemiologic and health services research, and assessing the quality and effectiveness of care in terms of patient-reported quality of life indicators.
Obtaining LTR Data
- Much information is readily available:
- In the annual LTR monographs, Cancer in Louisiana
- In the LTR Cancer Facts & Figures online publication, which includes downloadable Adobe documents.
- At the State Cancer Profiles website, developed by the CDC and the National Cancer Institute: http://statecancerprofiles.cancer.gov/
- At the NAACCR Fast Stats website, created by the North American Association of Central Cancer Registries: http://faststats.naaccr.org/
- For information not available at the websites and not requiring case-specific data, please use the online request form
- Researchers are asked to review carefully the LTR Data Release Policy before contacting the LTR to request confidential data.
How Louisiana Tumor Registry (LTR) data are being used.
- 2013 Journal Articles of LTR Authors (13 publications)
- 2013 Journal Articles Using LTR Data (112 publications)
- 2014 Journal Articles of LTR Authors (27 publications)
- 2014 Journal Articles Using LTR Data (165 publications)
- 2015 Journal Articles of LTR Authors (29 publications)
- 2015 Journal Articles Using LTR Data (203 publications)
- 2016 Journal Articles of LTR Authors (36 publications)
- 2016 Journal Articles Using LTR Data(169 publications)