The Louisiana Tumor Registry (LTR) legislative rules (LAC 48:V.8501-8513) state that all Louisiana healthcare facilities that diagnose and/or treat cancer patients are required to abstract and report each case of cancer to the LTR withinsix monthsof diagnosis or of the facility’s first contact with the patient.
What cases must be reported?
- Reportable Diagnosis
- Reportable Non-Analytic cases
- Ambiguous Terminology
- Reporting Sources
- Registry Casefinding and Disease Index Preparation:
Are you capturing all your cancer cases?
- ICD 9 and 10 Casefinding List
- CIN III Reporting Details
- ECC Reporting Details
What data must be reported?
- Required LTR Data Items
- Required CDC/Comparative Effectiveness Research Variables (aka The Forever Seven)