Date(s) - 10/05/2020
Categories No Categories
This deadline is to submit your voter’s registration by going to the Registrar of Voters Office in person or if you are mailing in your registration.
Residents of Louisiana can also register in person at their parish Registrar of Voters Office, when they apply for or renew their driver’s license at any Office of Motor Vehicles or when obtaining services at public assistance agencies and Armed Forces recruitment offices. Citizens wishing to register by mail can download and print the application from our website at GeauxVote.com, or complete an application found at public libraries or through registration drives.
To register and vote in Louisiana individuals must:
- be a U.S. citizen;
- be at least 17 years old (16 years old if registering in person at the Registrar of Voters Office or at the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles) to register and 18 years old prior to the next election to vote;
- not be under an order of imprisonment for conviction of a felony or, if under such an order not have been incarcerated pursuant to the order within the last five years and not be under an order of imprisonment related to a felony conviction for election fraud or any other election offense pursuant to La. R.S. 18:1461.2;
- not be under a judgment of full interdiction for mental incompetence or partial interdiction with suspension of voting rights;
- be a resident in the state and parish in which you seek to register and vote;
- apply at least 20 days prior to an election if registering online or 30 days prior to an election if registering in person or by mail.
The deadline to register to vote in person or by mail is Monday, October 5. The deadline to register to vote online is Tuesday, October 13.
For a complete listing of voter registration activities in individual parishes, visit the Secretary of State’s website and social media platforms. For more information about elections and voting, contact the Secretary of State’s Elections Division at 800.883.2805 or email@example.com.