Date(s) - 04/01/2019 - 04/06/2019
Happy National Public Health Week 2019!
Join the movement
We hope you’ll take advantage of all National Public Health Week 2019 has to offer as we celebrate public health and highlight key issues. During these seven days of inspiring events, conversations and celebrations nationwide, don’t miss:
- Our annual Twitter chat, a conversation with public health leaders from around the country. Mark your calendar for April 3, and don’t forget to RSVP.
- The NPHW Forum on April 1 featuring grassroots organizers sharing how they’ve activated their communities to improve health right where they live. You can register to attend in person or watch the event via webcast.
- NPHW’s Student Day discussion on April 4, when public health professionals will share tips on how to break into the field. You can join us in D.C. or watch the webcast to ask questions about getting that first job out of school.
- Our Shareables page featuring images you can post on social media and NPHW logos to help you spread the word about NPHW 2019.
- NPHW events in your community, from fundraising fitness walks to health fairs to educational workshops. You can search by state on our Events page.
Our fact sheets are available year-round on the NPHW website so we can keep the momentum and learning going. Learn more about this year’s daily themes and how you can be part of the movement for science, action and health.
Why do we celebrate National Public Health Week? APHA Executive Director Georges Benjamin explains that perfectly in his NPHW 2019 Welcome Letter.
Need help promoting or planning your NPHW events? Check out our Tools & Tips page for links to lots of helpful resources. Those include our fun Social Media 101 and Social Media 201 webinars. Check out our roundup of APHA-hosted NPHW events and let us know if you’ll be joining us.
Click here to see all the events taking place at LSU Health Sciences School of Public Health