Stephen Phillippi, Ph.D., LCSW, CCFC
Center for Evidence to Practice
- Includes research and evaluation on evidence-based practices, implementation science, Medicaid, training delivery, crisis services and more.
Institute for Public Health & Justice
- Research and evaluation on status offending youth, delinquency, adult criminality, and the intersection of behavioral health. Specific projects include substance use screening and intervention tools for juvenile court programs, mentoring programs to prevent substance use and the onset of delinquency, school safety, impact of serious mental illness on prisons and jails, and more.
Michael Celestin, Ph.D., MA, CHES, CTTS
- Tobacco Control Initiatives
Denise Danos, Ph.D.
- Effect of COVID-19 on Cancer Patients and Cancer Health Disparities in Louisiana
- LSU Health New Orleans and LDH Collaboration to Create the Louisiana Cancer-COVID-19 Registry
- University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Obesity Health Disparities Research Center Regional Expansion Project, including a pilot: ‘Individual- and area-level risk factors for COVID-19 disparities in the Deep South’
Claudia Leonardi, Ph.D.
- Collaboration with the Department of Surgery and the Department of Orthopedics within the LSU Health School of Medicine
Henry Nuss, Ph.D.
National Minority Quality Forum (NMGF)
- Diabetes management and prevention
- Cardiovascular health
- Flu and COVID-19 vaccinations multi-media campaign
Louisiana Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
- Director of Testing, Measurement and Evaluation
Ashley Wennerstrom, Ph.D.
Community Health Worker MCO Population Health Strategy (CHaMPS) Evaluation
- A study of how state Medicaid managed care contracts may influence the roles of community health workers employed by managed care organizations
Examining the effects of carceral exposure on health services use: Implications for policy and service coordination
- Formerly incarcerated people’s use of Medicaid services and how social services organizations and health care providers are coordinating services for this growing special population
Donna Williams, DrPH, MPH, MS
Louisiana Cancer Prevention and Control Programs
- Louisiana Breast and Cervical Health Program
- Louisiana Colorectal Cancer Roundtable
- Louisiana Healthy Communities Coalition