The LSUHSC School of Public Health has joined the Association of Schools and Programs in Public Health’s Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS), a centralized admissions system for the 2016-2017 Academic Year.
SOPHAS will require that you list all university courses that you have taken and designate the grades assigned to you in these courses.
Additionally, for application specifically to LSUHSC School of Public Health, you will need to provide SOPHAS:
- The GRE or MCAT report (which you may “self report” on the SOPHAS site prior to receipt of official GRE or MCAT report by SOPHAS and LSUHSC)
- Your resume
- Your goal statement
- Your transcripts
- Three recommendations
Please note that all applications must be processed through SOPHAS, unless otherwise specified.
MD/MPH Degree Programs
To gain the most in depth information on the MD/MPH Program, please indicate you are interested in the MD/MPH on your secondary application to LSU Health New Orleans School of Medicine.
Students interested in the MD/MPH Dual Degree Program will apply to a specific MPH concentration:
- Behavioral and Community Health Sciences (BCHS)
- Biostatistics (BIOS)
- Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences (ENHS)
- Epidemiology (EPID)
- Health Policy and Systems Management (HPSM)
- Acceptance by LSU Health New Orleans School of Medicine
- Submission of the focused LSU MD/MPH application to the LSU School of Public Health
- MPH Application for Dual MD/MPH Students (link to PDF)
- Authorization to Release Medical School Records (link to PDF)
- 1 page goal statement stating why you wish to pursue an MPH degree
- All pieces must be submitted to Isabel Billiot, firstname.lastname@example.org by May 5th