The LSUHSC School of Public Health has joined the Association of Schools and Programs in Public Health’s Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS), a centralized admissions system for the 2016-2017 Academic Year.SOPHAS will require that you list all university courses that you have taken and designate the grades assigned to you in these courses.Additionally, for application specifically to LSUHSC School of Public Health, you will need to provide SOPHAS:
- The GRE or MCAT report (which you may “self report” on the SOPHAS site prior to receipt of official GRE or MCAT report by SOPHAS and LSUHSC)
- Your resume
- Your goal statement
- Your transcripts
- Three recommendations
Please note that all applications must be processed through SOPHAS, unless otherwise specified.
BSPH Degree Program
The School of Public Health is committed to preparing strong, innovative and diverse public health leaders and scientists. Admission to the public health programs is done on a competitive basis. Applicants are evaluated and accepted by the admissions committee based on their academic credentials, work and service experience. Diversity is a priority in admissions, the committee strives to select applicants that are well prepared academically from diverse ethnic, cultural and economic backgrounds. Admissions will be made on a rolling basis after January 1 of each year.
Prerequisite Check List: click here
Admissions Check List:
- Transcripts for each college/university attended
- Letter of Interest
- Complete the BSPH online application
- Upload transcripts and letter of interest in the online application
Application to the Bachelor of Science in Public Health program is done online, and may be accessed by clicking here:
Transcripts and supplemental documents can be uploaded in the online application.
Status of Application
Upon receipt of a completed application, the applicant is notified by LSUHSC-NO School of Public Health, Office of Student Affairs. The Office of Student Affairs will also inform applicants of any missing or incomplete documentation. An applicant will not be considered by the admissions committee until the application is complete. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide all materials by the specified deadline. Applications will be accepted until July 31.
MD/MPH Degree Programs
To gain the most in depth information on the MD/MPH Program, please indicate you are interested in the MD/MPH on your secondary application to LSU Health New Orleans School of Medicine.
Students interested in the MD/MPH Dual Degree Program will apply to a specific MPH concentration:
- Behavioral and Community Health Sciences (BCHS)
- Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences (ENHS)
- Epidemiology (EPID)
- Health Policy and Systems Management (HPSM)
- Acceptance by LSU Health New Orleans School of Medicine
- Submission of the focused LSU MD/MPH application to the LSU School of Public Health
- MPH Application for Dual MD/MPH Students
- Authorization to Release Medical School Records
- 1 page goal statement stating why you wish to pursue an MPH degree
- All pieces must be submitted to Isabel Billiot, email@example.com by May 5th