What is public health?
Public health is the science of protecting and improving the health of communities through education, promotion of healthy lifestyles, and research for disease and injury prevention.
Quick Facts about the LSUHSC School of Public Health:
- Founded in 2003-2004
- A student to faculty ratio of 1.5 to 1.0
- A graduation rate exceeding 90%
- Nationally and internationally recognized research and teaching faculty
- High impact service programs
- Tuition among the lowest of the public health schools in the Gulf South
The Health Science Center campus offers a rich and varied experience for our students…
Student assistance is available and we strongly encourage you to seek assistance with stress, emotional difficulties and personal problems before they become serious. A 24-hour crisis line is available at 504/568-8888.
Historic New Orleans is the cultural focal point of the Gulf South – fine arts, theater, live music, world class dining, nightlife, outdoor activities, shopping, sports, etc. are available year round…
We invite you to join us to any of our listed events. We want to get to know you and show you all that the LSU Health Sciences Center School Public Health has to offer for an exciting career in public health.