To advance the public’s health and well-being through education, research and service with a focus on issues affecting Louisiana.
To become nationally recognized as an inter-disciplinary community of outstanding teaching and research scholars and professionals who educate, innovate, and improve the public’s health and well-being.
- High quality public health education
- Innovative high impact research
- Community service through public health advocacy, collaboration, and practice
- Engaging in professional behavior that incorporates honesty, integrity, fairness, respect, and resilience
- Reducing health disparities and optimizing health and well-being for all
- Demonstrating an enduring commitment and drive to be the best, including creativity and innovation
- Embracing the contributions of diverse cultures, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives
- Responding to community needs through collaboration
LSUHSC School of Public Health is committed to increasing diversity in public health education, research and practice by providing impartial opportunities to individuals and populations, regardless of race, ethnicity, economic status, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, veteran status or national origin. This commitment is reflected in its recruitment, admission, employment, and retention of students, faculty and staff.